Opening a Pigeon Park Savings account is easy.
The ID requirements are minimal compared to all other banks and credit unions. We accept expired and/or photocopied government-issued photo ID.
Staff help customers to obtain ID, usually via the Ministry of Social Development, which generally keeps photo ID in its own files. (And if not, there are other ways.)
People don’t have to have good credit, or even make a cash deposit, to join Pigeon Park Savings.
Pigeon Park Savings offers basic banking services:
- A debit card, which can be used at any Vancity or HSBC ATM or any credit union. It can also be used to make store purchases.
- Cheque cashing.
- Bill payments.
- Counter cheques.
- Unlimited in-branch transactions.
- Direct deposit.
- Monthly statements.
- A safe place to save or hold money.
Pigeon Park Savings doesn’t issue personal cheques – instead, it provides (unlimited) counter cheques for additional security, as they can be promptly stopped if reported lost.
Non-members can use Pigeon Park Savings to cash government cheques with no charge providing they have ID.
Pigeon Park Savings
346 E. Hastings St, Vancouver B.C.
Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., Friday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
604 678 8276
- Learn more about innovative PHS programs and our supportive housing in Vancouver and Victoria, B.C.
- Donate to continue innovative projects like these.